Skip to main content
5000 Thayer Center Suite C, Oakland, MD 21550 | (443) 451-3885
by Maryland Registered Agent Inc

Certificate of Authority – Maryland LLC

Foreign Maryland LLC

If you run an LLC based outside of Maryland and you want to do business in Maryland, you will need to register your limited liability company as a Maryland foreign LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the State returns a filed certificate of authority from the Maryland Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

We can register your foreign LLC in Maryland for the state filing fee plus $100.

OR, you can do the filing yourself, and just sign up with us as your Maryland registered agent. All Foreign Maryland LLCs will need a registered agent. We offer this service for $49 a year.

Once you sign up for our Maryland registered agent service, you will be logged into your online account where you’ll find the Maryland foreign LLC form you submit to the Maryland Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

After taking a look at the forms we include in your online account, if you do not want to actually file the paperwork yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your online account, and get us to do the filing for you for the state filing fees plus $100. We also will obtain the proper documents from your LLCs home state that are needed to correctly register your foreign LLC in Maryland.